Let’s go back to the very roots of the championships, that is, until 1971, in which the world’s largest competitive empire was created. It all started in California – the most recognizable region in the world, in a place that is the center of the American corporation Creative Age Publication, founded by Deborah Carver.
Creative Age is a synergy of cosmetics professionals publishing NAILPRO, Beauty Lanchpad, The Colorist, Beauty Store Business, DAYSPA, Medesthetics, MAN, and Eye Lash magazines. Creative Age manages over 2.5 million active and dedicated professionals in their fields. Magazines support all segments of the professional cosmetics market, from nails styling rooms to cosmetics, hairdressers, day spas, medical spas, spa hotels, health centers, classic and permanent cosmetics studios, eyelashes, schools, and points of sale for professionals, distributors for manufacturers. In 1990, Deborah identified Creative Age as the leading source of knowledge for the professional cosmetics industry. Over the years, Creative Age has won many awards, including 22 Maggies and ABBY, 3 Ozzies, 10 Certificate of Excellence and the Intercoiffure Press award. Deborah is also the winner of the prestigious 2018 City of Hope’s Laureate title.
From the very beginning, NAILPRO had the most powerful force, focusing on professionalism and uniqueness while maintaining the highest standards. The project has gained worldwide recognition in more than 100 countries, which was appreciated by the icon of the nail industry – Tom Holcomb.
Tom Holcomb was a ten-time world champion, a six-time Japanese champion, and a two-time world champion in Munich and Dusseldorf. During his career, he has been associated with various manufacturers, including the Premium Nail Product (first name is Tom Holcomb Nail Product), Galaxy Nail Products, EZ Flow and Entity Beauty.
Tom Holcomb was an innovator, creator, and passionate about the industry. Although he died prematurely in 2011, when he was only 44 years old, he created a reference point for the perfect artificial nail. Until now, this style is considered the standard of excellence for nail stylist.
According to Jewell Cunningham, NAILPRO Global Director, “when NAILPRO judges evaluate nail modeling, they imply the rules and standards set by Tom.” “Tom knew that he was good, even wonderful, but he always felt that it could be better. We at NAILPRO are grateful to his family, who gave us exceptional consent to honor his legacy. ”
NAILPRO GLOBAL, NAIL COMPETITIONS is an American dream, which since 2014 has been among the number for stylists from Europe. Victoria Klopotova (Ukraine), an international champion in nail modeling, a respected author of industry publications, a student and friend of Tom Holcomb, and now a Creative Age partner, is developing Nailpro in Europe.
NAILPRO is a one-of-a-kind project that offers all masters keen on creative solutions for nail extension and design incredible competitions that constantly develop innovative, revolutionary market ideas that encourage nail stylists to cross their own strengths and boundaries of comfort and achieve a completely new level of creative and artistic development.
10 reasons to participate in the Championship
1. Nailpro is one of the most prestigious world championships, which paved the way for world recognition of such a nail industry legend as Tom Holcomb, who has repeatedly won this contest. Also Nailpro champions are Trang Nguyen, Masutong Pisut, Lynn Lammers, Lorena Marquez, Rachel Martison and many others.
2. The main prize of the Nailpro European Championship for the competition year, a fully paid trip and participation in the WORLD NAILPRO CUP World Championship in Long Beach, USA, as well as the European Champion title!
3. Winners receive cups, medals, and cash prizes!
4. The panel of judges of competitions and the Championship – certified and independent judges from the USA, Europe, Asia, Europe. This makes Nailpro Europe the most fair, transparent and objective competition.
5. Even if you are a novice master and appear in the beginners’ division, you will have the opportunity in certain categories to take part in a team with veterans and thus learn a lot. In addition, your work will receive an assessment of the world judges of the nail industry experts, your name will be on their ears and you will be able to get valuable advice and recommendations from them on the technique of the work.
6. Nailpro Europe is an international competition in which masters and teams from different countries take part! Nailpro Europe Championship gives you the opportunity to get a unique international competitive experience and recognition on the world stage!
7. Nailpro Europe is a competition that takes place in 9 countries, and also masters from all over the World have an additional opportunity to take part in an online competition – Nailpro Nailapalooza Europe!
8. Winners of Nailpro EEU will get an opportunity to compete in Nailpro Global Cup that is about to launch in the nearest future and fight with champions from Asia and USA for the World Champion title!
9. Nailpro is a powerful prestigious championship that’s why participation will upgrade your professional skills.
10. Nailpro is a really respectable brand all over the world. Such item in your CV is better than 10 others. Participation in Nailpro will be the start of a bright future and will help you to get beneficial suggestions from world nail trade marks, invitations to attend classes abroad or even to teach abroad. It’s a huge investment into your name, status and professional level.
Join to the world nail guru and become a winner!It’s an opportunity to prove that you’re the best!
Nailpro Eastern Europe is officially launched
A lot of talented nail technicians believe that Nailpro Cup is one of the most important professional achievements. But unfortunately for lots of European professionals it’s a problem not to get the Cup but even to approach the Championship: journey to USA is quite expensive and strict visa is needed. Strict visa officers are well-known hope breakers even for those who can afford this trip.
Luckily, now all technicians from Eastern Europe, Ukrainians first of all, have a possibility to compete in Nailpro Championship: 2014 will be the year of Nailpro EEU launch – a licensed championship approved by an American Nailpro head-office – Creative Age Publications Inc. Jewell Cunningham, Nailpro Competition Director announced it. Viktoriia Klopotova will be an official representative of the Nailpro Championship in Eastern Europe that will be launched with the support of Eastern European Nail Association (EENA).
Jewell Cunningham told us what is the perspective of Nailpro EEU and how is will look like.
– Jewell, why did Nailpro head office notice the region of Eastern Europe?
Jewell: Eastern Europe has a well-established beauty industry. This new competition series Eastern Europe Nailpro Competitions, will help to focus public and professional attention on the artistry and craft of the nail technician in these countries. This will be an exciting venture.
Jewell Cunningham and Viktoriia Klopotova joined their forces to create an analogue of prestigious championship. The first eliminative competition will take place 27 February – 1st of March in Charkiv, Ukraine and Jewell will come to judge it. The European champion will get a title and full-payed trip to USA to compete at the Nailpro Cup Championship in Las Vegas as a prize.
Moreover, the organizers announced an on-line competition for Hand Painted Nail Art and Mixed Media categories. The best 12 works will be sent to compete at the Nailpro Long Beach competition in January 2014. The final decision will be made by Jewell Cunningham and Viktoriia Klopotova.
According to the contract conditions, Jewell Cunningham or her colleague Carla Collier (head judge of Nailpro Championship) will be present on first competitions and on the Final as well. As a competition director since 2007, mrs. Cunningham is the one who is interested in success and high professionalism of the Nailpro EEU. Her presence will guarantee honesty and legality of results.
– What plans the company has besides the European championship?
Jewell: Competitions were established in 2001 as a series of competitive events held across the country. The competitions have grown since then to include the Nailpro Cup Series, in which competitors’ scores are accumulated across 37 different competitions held at six different events. The competitions challenge competitors’ artistic and technical skills in an array of different formats, including soak-off gels, free-style sculptured nails and, of course, nail art. One of the Nailpro Cup’s most important innovations is the support it gives to first-time competitors. One of our signature competitions is the ‘Salon Success’ competition, which tests the technicians’ real-world ability to create superb salon-style nails.
Jewell Cunningham has served as the Nailpro Competition director since 2007. She is an experienced competitor herself, a past World Champion, former Mayor of Nail City, and has worked in the industry for more than 30 years. Nailpro Competitions are a division of Creative Age Communications, Inc. Founded in 1971, Creative Age is a full-service communications company committed to providing professional information and education of the highest quality. Among its offerings are magazines such as Nailpro, DAYSPA, MedEsthetics, Beauty Store Business, Launchpad and The Colorist; events such as Nailpro Nails-Only Shows, and the Nailpro Cup Competition Series, as well as e-newsletters, websites and digital editions.
With the launch of Nailpro EEU dreams of many European nail techs will come true. They’ll get a chance to show their talents and mastership, to get an experience to compete on prestigious international championship and to get an approval or advices from such influential industry specialists as Jewell Cunningham, Carla Collier and Viktoriia Klopotova.
COMPETE! BE THE BEST!WIN!
This post is also available in: