**FreeStyle Sculptured Nail Rules 2017
This competition is about style and shape. We want to see a new shape of nail extension. For example the wedge, or bridge or something new that you create. Think out of the box. Extension competition.
Stiletto is not considered FreeStyle!
1. Competitors will have 2 ½ hours (unless otherwise noted) to complete ONE HAND of FreeStyle competition-style sculptured nail enhancements using industry standard style paper or metal forms. Tips and adhesive are NOT allowed.
2. Competitors must use liquid-and-powder acrylic products or light cured products only.
3. Only pink, clear and white enhancement products may be used. Enhancement products containing glitter and/or any other color are NOT allowed. Cover pinks are allowed.
4. Embellishments may NOT be used.
5. The model’s natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition, but product may NOT be applied until the competition starts.
6. No consideration will be given for any pre-existing damage to a model’s natural nails, cuticles, or hands.
7. No products, such as inverted tips or any “cookie cutter” products may be used to form or assist in making a smile line. All smile lines must be done with a brush by hand. Paint on white is not allowed.
8. Electric files and buffing tools may be used. No buffing products containing any type of oil or moisturizer may be used.
9. Water only may be used. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, bowls with anything in them i.e. marbles, rocks etc.) are NOT allowed.
10. The nail enhancements must be French-style (pink/clear and white), finished to a high shine and completely free of polish. Gel sealant may not be used to finish to a high shine.
11. FreeStyle Sculptured Nails will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C”curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, FreeStyle, surface structure, lateral structure, length, difficulty, finish work, and overall impression.
**Denotes New Competition or rule change
Property of Nailpro Competition ©2017 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copywritten and All rights reserved.
This post is also available in: